When you installed the browsers for the first time you’ll feel a smoother experience but as the time goes you may experience some lags on your browsers. If you experienced any lagging on your browser, then it might be the cause of higher cache memory usage.
So today we’re going to teach you how to clear browser cache on some popular web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera and Microsoft Edge.
How do I clear Browser cache on Chrome
Here is an in-depth guide on how to clean cache memory of chrome browser.
- Open your Chrome browser and navigate to More tools > Clear browsing data (or use keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl + Shift + Del‘)
- Now a new tab opens. In there you’ll see a Clear Browsing Data popup as shown in the below screenshot.
- From the drop down, choose ‘the beginning of time‘ option
- And then select ‘Cached images and files‘ option. Finally, click on ‘Clear browsing data‘ to delete the cached files.
Once the cache memory is cleared, you can start using your browsers as normal as you do.
How to clean Mozilla Firefox cache memory
Here is a guide for Firefox users,
- On your Mozilla firefox, go to settings -> Options
- Once the new tab opened, click on ‘Privacy‘
- Now click on ‘clear your recent history‘
- Finally click on Clear now to flush your history and cache files.
After clearing the cache quit the browser and start it again.
How to clear Cache memory of Opera
Here is a step by step instructions for Opera users,
- On your Opera browser, tap on Menu > Settings
- Once the History tab opened, click on ‘Clear browsing data‘
- Now choose ‘the beginning of time‘ from drop-down menu
- Select all the options and finally click on ‘Clear browsing data‘
Microsoft Edge Cache memory cleaning Instructions
For people, who were using Microsoft Edge, the following steps will help you.
- On your Microsoft Edge browser, tap on ‘…‘ and then click on settings.
- Tap on Choose what to clear
- Finally, click on the Clear button to delete the history.
Hope you’ve cleared your browser’s cache memory successfully. Once you cleared the cache memory, you’ll surely feel the performance variance in your browser. So that’s all for today. If you’ve any doubts regarding browsers, then don’t forget to ask us.