So you want to copy all your contacts from your Windows phone to PC, right? Having a backup of contacts will always come in handy especially when you lose your phone. Today in this post I’m going to show you a complete procedure on how to backup contacts from your windows mobile to PC. So let’s start.
Steps to copy Contacts from windows phone to PC
Just follow any one of the below methods to know how to securely backup contacts from your windows mobile to PC.
Method-1: Using app to export contacts
1. On your device, go to windows app store and search for ‘Contacts Backup — Excel and Email support.’
2. Click on the first app that came with the result.
3. Tap on Install to start downloading the app.
4. Launch the app once the installation is completed.
5. Now in the text field, enter your email address and then click on Export.
Note: Please enter your correct email because the contacts backup will be sent to this email address.
Within a few minutes, the app will send contacts backup to your email address in a CSV file format.
That’s it. You’ve successfully backed up your contacts to your email. To view contacts on your PC, download the CSV file from your email and then open it with Microsoft Excel.
The only downside of this method is you can’t import this contacts to windows phone because of Windows phone root restriction.
Method-2: Using Outlook Account
1. On your PC, open any web browser and go to this URL people.live.com
2. Once the page loading is completed, click on Manage > Export contacts.
3. Now click on Export to initialize the download.
Your browser will now start to download the contacts in CSV file format. Once the download is completed, you can open it with Microsoft Office or any other software that reads CSV.
Hope you’ve found this article helpful. If you’re experiencing any issues during backup, then don’t hesitate to ask us. We’re always here to help you. Here are some of the similar guides on backing up Windows phone contacts,
- Copying Contacts from Windows Mobile to SIM
- Moving Contacts from Windows phone to Android